Adopting innovative digital technologies for automation is critical to meeting the increasing demands for efficient work, productivity, and patient records. A survey conducted in 2020 showed that nearly 90% of healthcare organizations use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and automation strategy, and in comparison, in 2019, the figure was only 54%.
Why Digital Transformation with Healthcare Automation is Essential in Healthcare?
Two long-term demands that necessitate the long-term needs of digital transformation and healthcare automation are:
Increased patient expectation
The patients’ expectations from their care providers have shifted massively. Nowadays, patients expect more personalized and convenient care. Not only that, but as per a 2021 report published in BusinessWire, 80% of patients now prefer digital healthcare over offline visits, especially after the pandemic.
Increased chronic diseases
Chronic conditions are on the rise and are increasing the burden on healthcare organizations. For instance, currently, 415 million individuals have diabetes. This number is projected to reach 500 million by 2040.
Thus, digitization and automation are critical to maintaining a sustainable healthcare institution as they can help detect diseases faster or prevent patients from developing chronic diseases.
How is Driving Digital Transformation Significant for Reshaping the Healthcare Sector?
Driving digital transformation with healthcare automation is bringing massive innovation and improvement to the healthcare industry. Healthcare institutions can significantly improve patient care and staff experience using various automation methods.
Ways in which healthcare institutions can benefit from implementing digital transformation are:
- You can optimize your operational process by automating administrative tasks. For example, digitization can help your team minimize paperwork, reduce patient physical examination time, and facilitate more effortless and convenient access to accurate patient health data.
- You can understand the needs and behaviors of the patients by collecting and analyzing data collected via digital tools. This can help to come up with newer solutions to incorporate value-based care and build trust among patients.
- You can have better interactions with your patients. For example, doctors can easily communicate with their patients through online tools.
- You can carry out more effective internal communication within your institution. By using online platforms, medical professionals can interact with each other to hasten data exchange, have faster decision-making, provide better patient care, and improve clinical outcomes.
- You can effectively lower operational costs at your institution. Digitalization helps healthcare institutions provide more cost-effective services at lesser prices by reducing the need for administrative manpower.
- You can achieve a better revenue direction. Intelligent automation allows you to find anomalies, eliminate waste, and reduce costs across the revenue cycle.
Ways in which patients can benefit from implementing digital transformation are:
- Early response to queries. Your patients can post queries anytime and receive real-time responses from their doctors using digital platforms.
- Provide better and more personalized healthcare services – patients can receive more accurate diagnoses and treatments.
- Allow easy access to personal health records. Your patients can track their health data and metrics simply by using their phones or computers, in the comfort of their home, office, etc.
- More convenient appointment scheduling. Using conversational AI, you can enable your patients to schedule a doctor’s appointment conveniently without needing them to visit healthcare institutions.
- Enable seamless online communication with medical professionals by enabling virtualized care for your patients.
As you must have reckoned up until this point, the integration of digitization and automation in the healthcare systems will help improve the efficiency of healthcare institutions and the experience of patients. But this is not just limited to knowing its benefits. Effective digitized and automated healthcare requires a cultural shift such as innovative ways of thinking, new business models, and a focus on value-based care.
KeyReply – A Total Patient Engagement Platform For Seamless Healthcare Delivery Process
If you want to know more about healthcare digitization and automation or are ready for such a cultural shift, KeyReply is an excellent platform. We are an industry-defining patient engagement platform that transforms healthcare delivery processes into seamlessly orchestrated, 24/7 accessible care centered on each patient’s needs. Through greater automation of the first line of intervention tasks, such as realizing patient symptoms to supporting triaging, right-siting, and billing support, KeyReply’s Conversational AI platform is fully capable of ensuring a consistent patient experience throughout their journey with the Healthcare Provider.
KeyReply is a unifying platform that utilizes AI and an orchestrator to interpret and extract key information across multiple stakeholders, knowledge bases, and divisions, with many segmented teams providing patient and clinician-facing support. This leads to improving patient experiences, maximizing outcomes, and reducing care costs.
KeyReply has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor 2021 in “Conversational and NLT Widen Use Cases, Domain Knowledge and Dialect Support”. We are also accredited by IHiS, Singapore’s technology agency for the public healthcare sector.