The Invite Agent button allows a current agent to invite another agent to an opened chat.
How is this useful?
Because agents specialize in different areas, this tool allows agents who need further assistance from another agent to drop in and help or even take over the chat to better assist the user.
Steps to invite another agent:
- Open a chat.
- Click on the ‘Invite Agent’ button in the open chat window.
- Once clicked, the list of live agents that are online will appear.
A number is indicated beside each agent’s name show the number of chats the respective agents are attending to at the current time.
- Select an agent to invite to the chat.
- Leave a note to the agent you are inviting (optional)
- Click “Submit”.
- If the invited agent accepts your invitation and joins the chat, the user will be notified that “XXX has joined the chat”.
This function only works for inviting agents within the same department as you.